Please note that the following information about the requirements of and procedures for getting married in Indonesia and that you should always consult your Embassy or Consulate General in Indonesia as well as the marriage authorities in Indonesia for more detailed information before you make any further plans.
1. Valid passports (each passport being valid for a minimum 6 months as from the date of entry into Indonesia).
2. Valid visas to enter Indonesia.
3. Birth Certificates (if a copy, and not the original, then the copy must be legalized by a solicitor or by the individual's Embassy/ Consulate General in Indonesia).
4. Minimum age to get married : females must be aged 16 years or over, and males must be aged 19 years or over.
5. Letter from both sets of parents/guardians, stating that there are no objections to the marriage.
6. Legalised written statements confirming the status of each individual (single/ widow/ widower/ divorcee etc.).
7. Letter from the couple's Church (if the couple are both Christians and members of a church and wish to be married in a church in Indonesia).
8. If one or both persons wishes to convert to Islam and be married according to Islamic Law, the marriage must be reported and registered with the Religious Affairs Office (Kantor Urusan Agama) in Indonesia. If the marriage is to be a Christian one, the marriage must be reported and registered with the Civil Registration Office (Kantor Catatan Sipil) in Indonesia.
9. The Offices in Indonesia authorized to perform such marriages:
- The Religious Affairs Office (Kantor Urusan Agama) and the Mosque for Moslems;
- The Civil Registration Office (Kantor Catatan Sipil) and the Church for Christians.
10. Please be advised that each region in Indonesia has different customs/ traditions when conducting wedding ceremonies.
11. To ensure that your marriage in Indonesia is valid and legal in Thailand, you should registere your marriage to your local registration office. In this regards, may we suggest that you have all documentation translated by a sworn and authorised Thai translator in Indonesia before you return to the Thailand.
Elucidation Letter for marriage registration in Thailand:
• Original and copy of ID Card (KTP)
• Original and copy of passport
• Elucidation of marital status from District office in Indonesia (Form N1-N4)
• Parent permission letter legalized by District Office
• Copy of bride / groom identification
• Fill in the Application Form
• Application must be made in person
• Administration fee: USD 0
• Application time is at 09.00 - 11.45 of every working days. The document will be returned on the next working days at 14.00 - 15.30
• Original and copy of Divorce Certificate (for divorce status)
• Original and copy of Death Certificate of ex husband/wife (for widow/widower)